The New NY State Broadband Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which regions are eligible to receive HughesNet service through the program?
A: The program assigned specific census blocks in the Capital Region, Central New York, Finger Lakes, Mid-Hudson, Mowhawk Valley, North Country, Southern Tier, Western New York and Long Island for HughesNet.
Q: What service is HughesNet providing through the New NY Broadband Program?
A: Through the New NY Broadband Program, residents are eligible for exclusive HughesNet® Gen5 service plans. HughesNet Gen5 is the fifth generation of satellite Internet from Hughes, the global leader in satellite internet. The HughesNet service plans offered through the New NY Broadband Program feature a 100 GB service plan not available to the general public. Customers also receive FREE Standard Installation and FREE equipment - a $449.98 value - with these exclusive plans.
Q: What about service quality?
A: For four years in a row, the FCC ranked HughesNet #1 among ISPs – including cable, fiber, satellite and DSL providers -- for delivering on advertised download speeds. The FCC report documents a proven track record on delivering promised speeds so customers can live where they love and still stay connected with HughesNet.
Q: Does HughesNet offer Unlimited Data?
A: Yes, HughesNet service plans feature Unlimited Data with No Hard Data Limits.* If you exceed the amount of data in your plan, you stay connected at reduced speeds -- typically 1-3 Mbps -- until the start of your next billing cycle. There are no overage fees.
Q: Where can I get more information?
A: Call today to learn more about exclusive HughesNet service plans through the New NY Broadband Program. If you have specific questions about the New NY Broadband program, please visit www.nysbroadband.ny.gov.
Q: Why HughesNet Satellite Internet?
A: Today, more than 1.2 million Americans depend on HughesNet Satellite Internet, the #1 consumer satellite Internet service in the US. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Faster Speeds: HughesNet Gen5 is faster than ever, with download speeds of 25 Mbps and upload speeds of 3 Mbps on every plan.
- Unlimited Data: All service plans feature Unlimited Data with No Hard Data Limits. If you exceed the amount of data in your plan, we won’t cut you off or charge you more. You stay connected at reduced speeds, typically 1-3 Mbps.*
- Built-in Wi-Fi: Featuring the latest Wi-Fi standards and technology to easily connect your wireless devices throughout your home.
- Available in More Places: HughesNet Gen5 is available where you live. Gen connected now. Your days of slow Internet are over!
- Trusted by More People: You can rely on America’s #1 choice for satellite Internet.