In today’s digital world, it’s astounding how much information we share online, both willingly and unwittingly, which is why it is important to protect yourself and your personal information. Securing your Internet connection at home is essential to protecting yourself from online threats and enjoying peace of mind when you go online.
To help you manage the security of your connection, here are three personal Internet security options -- Norton, McAfee and Bitdefender -- and the benefits of each.
Norton offers a range of plans depending on your specific security needs, including:
- Real-time threat protection: Multi-layered security helps protect against existing and emerging malware, viruses, spyware and other online threats to your devices.
- Parental control: Manage your kids’ activities online and allow them to explore, learn and enjoy the connected world safely.
- Cloud backup: Store important files and documents in the cloud to prevent data loss due to hard drive failures, stolen devices and ransomware.
- Password management: Easily create, store and manage your passwords, credit card information and other credentials online in a safe and secure manner.
- Webcam protection: Get alerted when someone attempts to access your webcam and easily block those who are not authorized to access it.
If you are a HughesNet subscriber, check out how you can add Norton 360 Deluxe to your service.
Like Norton, McAfee offers a range of protection services to help you can find the coverage that’s right for you, including:
- Financial protection: McAfee’s multi-layered identity protection secures your accounts and alerts you if your information leaks online.
- Public protection: Browse worry-free inside and outside your home by turning unsecured networks into your own private connection with a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Click with confidence: Steer clear of dangerous sites with color-coded links; if you happen to click on a fraudulent site, you’ll be directed right back to safety.
- PC optimization: Improve device performance by freeing up bandwidth from resource-heavy applications while you browse.
Another security management provider, Bitdefender, offers a variety of service options and benefits:
- Antispam: Automatically filter spam and irrelevant messages out of your inbox.
- Anti-theft: If any of your devices are lost or stolen, you can remotely locate, lock, and wipe all data from them. You can even send a message to the screen of your device to notify the thief.
- Anti-phishing: Bitdefender’s advanced protection blocks websites that pose as trustworthy to protect your information from scammers.
- Web attack prevention: Web filtering technologies ensure that you never land on a harmful website.
- Microphone monitoring: Easily assess which devices and apps have access to your microphone.
Trusting cybersecurity experts with the management of your security enables you to enjoy the benefits of the Internet without the stress. With plans ranging in price and protection level from these providers and many more, there’s a security option out there for everyone. Since we use the Internet in almost every aspect of our lives -- work, school, and social -- it’s important to have the peace of mind of knowing that our personal data is safe and secure.